Slide 12. Improving Patient Flow and Reducing Emergency Department Crowding: A Guide for Hospitals
Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health Care
Background: ED crowding—
- Compromises care quality.
- Creates more opportunities for error.
- Contributes to poor quality care, per recent evidence.
AHRQ/RWJ Partnered through ACTION to create new Guide for Hospitals—offers:
- Step-by-step instructions for planning and implementing patient flow improvement strategies to ease ED crowding.
- Concrete strategies for anticipating and addressing implementation challenges drawn from actual experiences of Urgent Matters hospitals.
Image: A screenshot shows part of the cover of the Guide for Hospitals: Improving Patient Flow and Reducing Emergency Department Crowding.
Page originally created November 2012