Slide 15. Common Formats (CF) for Patient Safety Event Reporting.
- Authorized by Patient Safety Act in 2005.
- Developed with Federal work group comprising major health agencies (e.g., CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services], FDA [Food and Drug Administration], DoD [Department of Defense], VA [Veterans Administration]).
- An important contribution to standardize patient safety measurement.
- Gaining acceptance (gov't and private sector).
- Ambulatory CF (Beta version):
- Structure and significant amount of current content from the hospital CF will apply.
- Some new conceptual work will be required.
Page originally created November 2012