Sept. 13: HCUP Data Users' Workshop
September 13, 2018
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This free in-person workshop at AHRQ will help health services researchers and analysts learn more about using the Agency's Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) databases and products.
Course content will include:
- A brief overview of HCUP
- Demonstrations of HCUPnet and Fast Stats—two free online tools that provide instant access to HCUP statistics.
- Explanation of methodological details and common questions asked when using HCUP data.
- Case Study: Opioid-Related Inpatient Stays
- Case Study: Alcohol-Related Inpatient Stays
- Using the Beta Clinical Classification Software for ICD-10-CM/PCS
- Specific examples of how to evaluate substance use related conditions using the HCUP nationwide databases.
Instructional and reference materials will be distributed and discussed. Participants should bring their own computers to follow the examples and have prior experience with HCUP or large administrative databases.
Email questions to the HCUP team.
Registration closes September 6. Select to register for the Webinar.
Page originally created August 2018