Sept. 24: HCUP Data Users' Workshop
September 24, 2019
9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This free in-person workshop at AHRQ will help health services researchers and analysts learn more about using the Agency's Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) databases and products.
Course content will include:
- A brief overview of HCUP.
- Demonstrations of HCUPnet and Fast Stats, two free online tools that provide instant access to HCUP statistics.
- Explanation of methodological details and common questions asked when using HCUP data:
- Case Study: Opioid-related Inpatient Stays.
- Case Study: Alcohol-related Inpatient Stays.
- Using the Beta Clinical Classification Software for ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- Specific examples of how to evaluate substance use related conditions using the HCUP nationwide databases.
- Overview of the newest HCUP nationwide database, the Nationwide Ambulatory Surgery Sample.
- Consultation with HCUP faculty on how HCUP data and tools can support participants' research interests.
Instructional and reference materials will be distributed and discussed, and participants should bring their own computers.
Participants should have prior experience with HCUP or large administrative databases. Attendees not familiar with HCUP databases should attend the HCUP Overview Webinar presentations on September 10 and September 17 or review the Online HCUP Overview Course prior to the workshop.
Registration closes Sept. 18. Select to register for the Webinar.
Page originally created August 2019