July 17 Webinar: Using Health IT to Improve Care Planning and Communication
Date: July 17
Time: 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. ET
This free Webinar from AHRQ will discuss the development of innovative technologies for improving communication and care planning for aging adults. Presenters will discuss technologies designed to integrate information about seniors’ homes with their medical records in order to improve care planning.
They will also discuss technologies that provide health information, resources, and tools to connect aging adults with families, providers, and peers to aid in healthy aging.
The objectives of the Webinar are to:
- Describe the impact of a web-based information and communication technology system (Elder Tree) aimed at connecting aging adults with family members, caregivers, other aging adults, and community resources on elder independence and quality of life.
- Describe the development of a family-centered Web-based platform (InfoSage) to improve communication, coordination, and collaboration related to health care decision making and care transitions for aging adults and their families.
- Discuss the benefits of integrating a full-scale 3D model of a home with electronic health record data for aiding in care planning for aging adults.
- David H. Gustafson, Ph.D., Professor of Industrial Engineering and Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Charles Safran, M.D., M.S., FACMI, Chief of the Division of Clinical Informatics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston.
- Eneida Mendonca, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Departments of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, Pediatrics, and Industrial and Systems Engineering and Assistant Director, Clinical/Health Informatics, UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Kevin Ponto, Ph.D., M.S., Assistant Professor, Design Studies, Living Environments Laboratory, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Shafa Al-Showk, M.P.H., CHES, Health Scientist, AHRQ.
Page originally created June 2017