New Members Appointed to National Advisory Council
AHRQ is pleased to welcome 10 new members its National Advisory Council. The panel, which includes representatives from health plans, providers, purchasers, consumers, and researchers, advises the Agency Director and the Secretary of HHS on AHRQ activities and priorities for a national health services research agenda.
The new members are:
- Karen Amstutz, M.D., M.B.A., Corporate Chief Medical Officer, Magellan Healthcare, Indianapolis, IN.
- Cathy J. Bradley, Ph.D., Associate Director, Population Health Services, Associate Dean, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO.
- Sheila Burke, M.P.A, R.N., F.A.A.N., Chair, Public Policy Group, Baker Donelson, Washington, DC.
- Beth Ann Daugherty, R.N., M.P.H., Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nurse Officer, Sparrow Clinton Hospital, St. Johns, MI.
- Barbara A. Fain, J.D., M.P.P., Executive Director, Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety, Boston, MA.
- Tina Hernandez-Boussard, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S., Associate Professor of Medicine, Biomedical Data Sciences, and Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA.
- Andrew Masica, M.D., M.S., Vice President and Chief Clinical Effectiveness Officer, Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, TX.
- Sally C. Morton, M.S., Ph.D., Dean, College of Science, Lay Nam Chang Dean's Chair, Professor of Statistics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- Jerry Penso, M.D., M.B.A, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Medical Group Association, Alexandria, VA.
- William Shrank, M.D., M.S., Chief Medical Officer, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA.
AHRQ will select seven more members to serve on the council beginning in spring 2019. The deadline for nominations is Aug. 8.
Select to access the Federal Register notice for more information.
Page originally created July 2018