AHRQ Research Conference Addresses Challenges in Improving Health Care
What 2015 AHRQ Research Conference: "Producing Evidence and Engaging Partners to Improve Health Care." This conference, cohosted with AcademyHealth, will bring experts in health services research and practice together to address today’s challenges in making health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable, and affordable. In plenary and breakout sessions, speakers will feature the results and impact of AHRQ-sponsored research, data and tools, and discuss the many ways this work is used to improve health care.
When: Sunday, October 4, through Tuesday, October 6.
Who: Agenda highlights include:
- Monday, October 5, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET:
Keynote Plenary Session: "Producing Evidence and Engaging Partners to Improve Health Care"
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Lisa Simpson, M.B., B.Ch., M.P.H., President and CEO, AcademyHealth.
- Moderator: Richard Kronick, Ph.D., Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Keynote Remarks: Mary Wakefield, Ph.D., R.N., Acting Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Panelist: Alice Rivlin, Ph.D., Director, Health Policy Center, Brookings Institution.
- Panelist: Bruce Siegel, M.D., M.P.H., President and CEO, America’s Essential Hospitals.
- Panelist: Beverley Johnson, President and CEO, Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
- Tuesday, October 6, 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET
Joint Plenary Session with Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI): "Change is Hard: Challenges—and Opportunities—Turning New Evidence into Clinical Practice"
- Welcome: Richard Kronick, Ph.D., Director, AHRQ; Joe Selby, M.D., M.P.H., Executive Director, PCORI; and Eugene Washington, M.D., former PCORI board chairperson.
- Introductory remarks: Mark McClellan, M.D., Ph.D., Brookings Institution.
- Panel 1: "Stakeholder perspectives on successful dissemination and implementation," moderated by Lisa Simpson, M.B., B.Ch., M.P.H., President and CEO, AcademyHealth.
- Panel 2: "Achieving Success in the Dissemination and Implementation of PCOR in Health Care Delivery," moderated by Don Goldmann, M.D., Chief Medical and Scientific Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
Where: Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA
Reporters may register on site or via email to Raina.Sheth@academyhealth.org. Plenary Sessions will be Webcast. Follow us on Twitter at @AHRQConf to get updates before and during the conference. Use #AHRQConf2015.
Page originally created September 2015