AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet July 24
The National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet on July 24 at AHRQ's offices in Rockville, MD. The council provides advice to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary and the director of the Agency. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting, which will run from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., will feature:
- A subcommittee meeting for the National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports.
- An update on AHRQ activities and strategic directions by Richard Kronick, Ph.D., director of AHRQ.
- An update on AHRQ's National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports by Ernest Moy, M.D., M.P.H.
- An update on the Surgeon General's priorities by Nazleen H. Bharmal, M.D., Ph.D., director of Science and Technology, Office of the Surgeon General.
- A discussion on AHRQ's efforts to increase data transparency, with a focus on the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) and My Own Network, Powered by AHRQ (MONAHRQ).
A detailed agenda is available at http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2015-07-nac/agenda-072415.html
Registration: No prior registration is required. The meeting is open to the public. The meeting will also be available by Webcast starting at 8:30 a.m. To view the meeting, go to http://www.webconferences.com/ahrq.
People with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations may contact Barbara Alvarado by email at Barbara.Alvarado@ahrq.hhs.gov or by telephone at (301) 427-1459.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews
Page originally created July 2015