AHRQ National Advisory Council Will Meet Via Webcast March 16
The National Advisory Council (NAC) for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet March 16 via WebEx. The Council, which consists of members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other Federal health agencies, provides advice to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and AHRQ’s director.
The meeting, which runs from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., will feature:
- An update on AHRQ’s activities and budget by AHRQ Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A., and Chief Financial Officer Lucie Levine.
- A discussion of AHRQ’s work in supporting evidence-based practice, led by Chief Medical Officer David Meyers, M.D.
- An update on AHRQ’s work in patient safety led by Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Director Jeffrey Brady, M.D.
- An update about AHRQ’s Medical Panel Expenditure Survey led by Center for Financing, Access, and Cost Trends Director Joel Cohen, Ph.D.
- An update on AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project and data to help inform the opioid epidemic led by Jenny A. Schnaier, M.A., and Kevin Heslin, Ph.D., from AHRQ’s Center for Delivery, Organization, and Markets.
A detailed agenda is available at:
No prior registration is required. The meeting is open to the public. To view the meeting, go to https://www.ahrq.gov/cpi/about/organization/nac/webex-instructions.html.
Follow us on Twitter @AHRQNews to get updates from AHRQ.
Page originally created March 2018