AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet July 24
The National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet July 24, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET, at AHRQ's offices in Rockville, Maryland. The council provides advice to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary and the director of the agency. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting will feature several presentations by AHRQ leadership, including:
- A review of recent agency accomplishments by Virginia Mackay-Smith, associate director, Office of the Director, and acting director, Center for Delivery, Organization, and Markets.
- A budget update by Lucie M. Levine, chief financial officer.
- An overview of past, present and future agency strategies to improve patient care by Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- Discussion led by Arlene S. Bierman, M.D., M.S., director, Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement, on advancing patient-centered care for people living with multiple chronic conditions.
A detailed agenda is available online.
In addition, eight new members will join the Council:
- Gregory L. Alexander, Ph.D., R.N., FAAN, professor,
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
- Peter J. Embi, M.D., M.S., FACP, FACMI, president and chief executive officer,
Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Christine A. Goeschel, Sc.D., M.P.A., M.P.S., R.N., FAAN, assistant vice president,
MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety, and director, Center for Improving Diagnosis in Healthcare, MedStar Health, Washington, D.C.
- Rahul Gupta, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., FACP, senior vice president and chief medical and health officer,
March of Dimes, Arlington, Virginia.
- Charles N. Kahn III, MPH, president and chief executive officer,
Federation of American Hospitals, Washington, D.C.
- George Kerwin, M.B.A., president and chief executive officer (Retired),
Bellin Health, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Edmondo J. Robinson, M.D., M.B.A., M.S., chief transformation officer, senior vice president, Consumerism, senior vice president and executive director,
Christiana Care-Wilmington, Wilmington, Delaware.
- Yanling Yu, Ph.D., president, Washington Advocates for Patient Safety, Seattle, Washington.
Registration is not required. The meeting is open to the public. The meeting will also be available by webcast starting at 8:30 a.m. To attend the meeting, go to http://www.webconferences.com/ahrq.
People with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations may contact Barbara Alvarado by email at Barbara.Alvarado@ahrq.hhs.gov or by telephone at (301) 427-1459.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews
Page originally created July 2019