AHRQ National Advisory Council to Meet Virtually on July 21 with 7 New Members
Press Release Date: July 18, 2022
The National Advisory Council (NAC) for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has added seven new members who will convene with the council for their next meeting on Thursday, July 21, 12:30–4:30 p.m. E.T. The council, which consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies, provides advice to the secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the director of the agency.
The meeting will feature several presentations, including:
- Discussion of Recent AHRQ Accomplishments, Robert Otto Valdez, Ph.D., M.H.S.A., AHRQ Director
- Discussion of Healthcare Quality in Different Care Settings, Robert Otto Valdez, Ph.D., M.H.S.A., AHRQ Director
- Discussion of Private Equity in Healthcare and AHRQ's Role, Adaeze Enekwechi, Ph.D., M.P.P., Operating Partner, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and Avi Sarma, Managing Partner, GRIL Ventures
The new members of the council are:
- Komal Bajaj, M.D., M.S.-H.P.Ed., Chief Quality Officer and Clinical Director, NYC Health + Hospitals Simulation Center
- Neil I. Goldfarb, President and Chief Executive Officer, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
- Krista Hughes, B.C.P.A., Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Hughes Advocacy, Passion 4 Patients
- Kannan Ramar, M.D., F.A.A.S.M., F.C.C.P., Professor of Medicine, Chief Safety Officer, and Assistant Dean for Clinical Learning Environment Optimization, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Jeana Reyes, M.S.N., R.N., C.C.R.N.-C.S.C.-C.M.C., Director, Clinical Transformation and Quality, Clinical Re-Engineering, Value-Based Programs, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Edmondo Robinson, M.D., M.B.A., M.S., F.A.C.P., Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Jiajie Zhang, Ph.D., Dean, Professor, and Glassell Family Foundation Distinguished Chair in Informatics Excellence, School of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
For more detailed bios of these members, please visit https://www.ahrq.gov/cpi/about/nac.html#Members. For more information about the National Advisory Council, please visit https://www.ahrq.gov/cpi/about/nac.html. For the full agenda, please visit https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2022-05-nac/agenda-072122.html#table.
Because of the continued risks of in-person meetings during the pandemic, the meeting will be available through Zoom starting at 12:30 p.m., E.T. Please review these instructions for access to the meeting: https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/zoom-webinar-instructions.html.
The meeting is open to the public. If you would like to make a public comment during the AHRQ NAC Meeting, please email NationalAdvisoryCouncil@ahrq.hhs.gov no later than 2:30 p.m. E.T. on July 21. The time allotted for public comments is 4:00–4:15 p.m.
Closed captioning will be provided during this event. This meeting will be recorded, and the recording will be posted on AHRQ's Web site a few weeks after the meeting.
AHRQ Office of Communications
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: www.twitter.com/ahrqnews.