AHRQ National Advisory Council to Meet Virtually on November 17
Press Release Date: November 8, 2021
The National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet virtually on November 17, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. E.S.T.
The council provides advice to the Department of Health and Human Services secretary and the director of the agency. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and four ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting will feature several presentations by AHRQ leadership, including:
- Review of recent agency accomplishments by David Meyers, M.D., Acting Director.
- Discussion from the Subcommittee of the National Advisory Council (SNAC) on Healthcare Quality Measurement by Leah F. Binder, M.A., M.G.A., Chair of SNAC and President and CEO of The Leapfrog Group and Tina M. Hernandez-Boussard, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S., Subject Matter Expert, Associate Professor of Medicine, Biomedical Data Science, and Surgery, Stanford University.
- Update and Discussion about Primary Care Research by Arlene S. Bierman, M.D., M.S., Director, Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement, Robert McNellis, M.P.H., P.A., Senior Advisor for Primary Care, AHRQ’s National Center of Excellence for Primary Care Research and Patrick G. O’Malley, M.D., M.P.H., M.A.C.P., Director, AHRQ’s National Center of Excellence for Primary Care Research.
A detailed agenda is available at https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2021-11-nac/agenda-111721.html.
In addition, seven new members will join the Council:
- Andrew D. Auerbach, M.D., M.P.H., Professor of Medicine in Residence, University of San Francisco.
- Caroline Carney, M.D., M.Sc., F.A.M.P., C.P.H.Q., Chief Medical Officer, Magellan Health.
- Catherine H. Ivory, Ph.D., R.N.-B.C., R.N.C.-O.B., F.A.A.N., Senior Director of Nursing Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Mireille Jacobson, Ph.D., M.A., Associate Professor, The Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, University of Southern California.
- David F. Schmitz, M.D., F.A.A.F.P., Professor and Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Joedrecka S. Brown Speights, M.D., Professor and Chair, Family Medicine and Rural Health, College of Medicine, Florida State University.
- Henry H. Ting, M.D., M.B.A., Senior Vice President and Chief Health Officer, Delta Air Lines, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Professor Emeritus, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine.
Further information about the new NAC members, including their full bios, and an overview of the NAC with a full roster of the members and AHRQ coordinators is available at https://www.ahrq.gov/cpi/about/organization/nac/index.html#Members.
Registration is not required. The meeting is open to the public and will ONLY be available by Zoom webcast starting at 9:30 a.m. To attend the meeting, go to https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/zoom-webinar-instructions.html.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews.