AHRQ National Advisory Council to Meet Virtually on March 18
Press Release Date: March 12, 2021
The National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet virtually on Thursday, March 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. E.T. The council provides advice to the secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the director of the agency. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting will feature presentations by AHRQ leaders:
- Review of Recent Agency Accomplishments in Health Systems Research, Practice Improvement, and Data and Analytics by Jeffrey Brady, M.D., M.P.H., Director of the Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety; Arlene S. Bierman, M.D., M.S., Director of the Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement; Joel W. Cohen, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Financing, Access, and Cost Trends.
- Update on Budget and Transition by David Meyers, M.D., Acting Director and Chief Physician.
- Discussion on Communicating the Value of Health Systems Research by David Meyers, M.D., Acting Director and Chief Physician.
- Discussion of Strategic Planning for the PCOR Trust Fund by Karin Rhodes, M.D., M.S., Chief Implementation Officer.
- Discussion of Health Equity by Kamila Mistry, Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Director of the Office of Extramural Research, Education, and Priority Populations, and Team Lead for Health Equity.
A detailed agenda is available at https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2021-03-nac/agenda-031821.html.
The March 18 virtual meeting is open to the public; visit https://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/zoom-webinar-instructions.html for instructions on joining the meeting. If you would like to make a public comment during the AHRQ NAC Meeting, please send an email to NationalAdvisoryCouncil@ahrq.hhs.gov no later than 12:00 noon E.T. on March 18.
Closed captioning will be provided during this event. This meeting will be recorded, and the recording will be posted on AHRQ's website a few weeks after the meeting.
Contact: AHRQ Office of Communications