AHRQ Special Emphasis Notice on Health Services Research to Improve Healthcare for Persons Living with Disabilities
A new Special Emphasis Notice (SEN) issued by AHRQ signals the agency’s interest in receiving health services research grant applications that advance the Nation’s goal of improving health outcomes for persons living with disabilities through enhanced or innovative care. This includes health services research and interventions to reduce disparities in the quality of care, increase patient safety, improve healthcare access and effectiveness, and ultimately improve health outcomes for persons with disabilities.
AHRQ encourages applications that:
- Examine the effectiveness of interventions to significantly reduce inequities in health and healthcare delivery and outcomes for persons living with disabilities, particularly those focused on addressing the impacts of intersectionality of overlapping identities of priority populations.
- Focus on disability and intersections with co-occurring conditions, including chronic disease and multiple chronic conditions, across the life-course.
- Include persons with disabilities in the development of research studies (e.g., community-based participatory research) and as research participants.
- Include interdisciplinary research teams.
- Examine the effectiveness of interventions to improve outcomes of healthcare for persons living with disabilities; develops evidence for approaches to implement and scale these interventions.
- Study the effectiveness for digital solutions to improve access, equity, quality, safety, and outcomes of care.
Applicants should consider this SEN active until November 20, 2025.
Select to access more details.