March 23 Webinar: Effective Use of Patient Portals
Date: March 23, 2017
Time: 2:30-4:00 p.m. ET
This free Webinar from AHRQ will discuss effective design and use of patient portals for improving patient-centered care delivery. Speakers will present findings from evaluations on design and use of patient portals among varied populations and settings and their impact on patient engagement, diabetes self-management, and health care quality.
At the conclusion of the Webinar, participants should be able to:
- Describe an inpatient personal health record portal designed for sharing information between patients and their care teams and methods for assessing its impact on patient engagement and satisfaction with their care.
- Identify barriers and facilitators related to the use of a patient portal among diverse diabetes patients.
- Describe the impact of systemic redesigns to match patient portals to patient needs for information and action.
- Ruth Masterson Creber, Ph.D., Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University School of Nursing.
- Courtney Lyles, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine.
- Jessica Ancker, Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Chris Dymek, Ed.D., Director, Health IT Division, AHRQ.
Page originally created March 2016