Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Areas of Interest
AHRQ is the lead Federal agency for patient safety research. Our work helps providers make care safer for patients.
AHRQ funds work to help frontline providers prevent HAIs by improving how care is delivered to patients.
Research-based tools to get your team on board and help them understand and use core concepts of patient safety.
Achieving safer care and reducing harm to patients and caregivers
- Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation
- Advances in Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches
- Advancing Patient Safety: A Decade of Evidence, Design, and Implementation
- Consumer Experience
- Family-Centered Rounds Toolkit
- Home Health Care
- Improving Discharge
- Learning Lab Projects
- Measure Tools & Resources
- Medical Liability
- MEDNET Resource Guide
- Preventing Readmissions
- Project ECHO
- Quality & Safety Review System (QSRS)
- Redesign Tool
- VT Guide