Integrating Primary Care Practices and Community-based Resources to Manage Obesity
Table of Contents
2. CDC Community Guide Link
3. Miller WR, Rollnick S. Motivational interviewing: Preparing people for change. 2nd ed. New York: Guilford Press; 2002. An authoritative text on Motivational Interviewing.
4. Learn about the fundamentals of the Model for Improvement and testing changes on a small scale using Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles
5. 8:07 minute video on Plan Do Study Act
6. 5:26-minute video overview of Motivational Interviewing
This 5:26-minute video about smoking is a nice demonstration of the steps to eliciting behavioral change. There is an excellent summary of at the end of the video about how the clinician handled the conversation. Can you see the five principles below in action?
- Express empathy.
- Develop discrepancy.
- Avoid a.
- Roll with resistance.
- Support self-efficacy.
7. 6:33-minute video: The Effective Physician. Motivational Interviewing Demonstration
University of Florida Department of Psychiatry
Page originally created May 2014