Practice Facilitation Handbook
Module 18 Trainer’s Guide: Using the AHRQ Care Model Toolkit With Practices
Table of Contents
- Presession preparation for learners: 75 minutes
- Session: 60 minutes
__ Computer, Internet access, projector, and link to Integrating Chronic Care and Business Strategies in the Safety Net toolkit. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/primary-care/businessstrategies/. (Note: This document is best used online as it relies heavily on Web links for its content.)
__ Copies of Table of Contents of the toolkit (one per learner).
__ Individual computer stations with access to the Internet.
Learners will be able to:
- Provide a summary of the content and chapters in Integrating Chronic Care and Business Strategies in the Safety Net toolkit.
- Identify where the toolkit supports key drivers of improvement contained in the Improving Performance in Practice Initiative (IPIP).
- Use the toolkit to support improvement work with practices.
Exercises and Activities To Complete Before and During the Session
Read (15 minutes)
- Module 18.
Review (60 minutes)
- Access and review Integrating Chronic Care and Business Strategies in the Safety Net toolkit. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/primary-care/businessstrategies/.
- Document the elements in the toolkit you have had experience using in the past and what you learned using them.
Present (20 minutes)
- Module 18.
Act (20 minutes)
- Have learners map contents of toolkit to the Assessing Chronic Illness Care assessment tool (available at: http://improvingchroniccare.org/index.php?p=Survey_Instruments&s=165) and to the IPIP key driver model contained in Module 14 on quality improvement approaches.
Discuss (20 minutes)
- What elements of the toolkit do you think will be most useful to your work with practices?
- What experience have you already had using the tools contained in the toolkit? What did you learn using these tools?
Page originally created May 2013