Deidentified Data Requests
Deidentified data files include hospitals in the Comparative Database that have signed a data use agreement to grant access to their deidentified data for health care research purposes. Deidentified data files do not identify individual respondents or hospitals.
- Information and Instructions for Requesting Deidentified Data (PDF Version, 129 KB)—Provides information and application instructions for researchers interested in obtaining deidentified data files from the Hospital Comparative Database.
- For questions or to apply for Hospital Deidentified Data:
- Email SOPSResearchData@westat.com (Subject line: Deidentified Data Request).
Requests will be fulfilled year-round. On average, the time from receipt of request to release of data is approximately 2 weeks.
Hospital-Identifiable Data Requests
Hospital-identifiable data files are requests for data from the Comparative Database that contain hospital identifiers, such as hospital name, address, and Medicare Provider ID. Hospital-identifiable data files do not identify individual respondents within hospitals. Researchers interested in obtaining hospital-identifiable data must submit a completed Hospital-identifiable Data Request Form and Confidentiality Agreement. Requests will be reviewed and must be approved by AHRQ. Hospital-identifiable data may only be provided to researchers with the express written authorization of hospitals that have submitted to the database. AHRQ accepts hospital-identifiable data requests twice a year.
- Information and Instructions for Requesting Hospital-identifiable Data (PDF Version, 118 KB)—Provides information and application instructions for researchers interested in obtaining hospital-identifiable data files from the Hospital Comparative Database.
- For questions or to apply for Hospital-identifiable Data:
- Email SOPSResearchData@westat.com (Subject line: Hospital-identifiable Data Request).
Hospital-identifiable data requests are processed twice a year. The time from the end of the data request period to release of data is typically 12 weeks.
Page originally created September 2014