Development of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Same development steps as the hospital survey:
- Reviewed literature and existing surveys.
- Conducted background interviews with medical office providers and staff:
- Staff less familiar with term "patient safety"
- Identified key areas of safety culture in the medical office setting.
- Developed survey items.
- Conducted cognitive testing of survey items.
- Obtained input from over two dozen researchers and stakeholders.
- Pilot tested the survey, analyzed data, and finalized the survey.
Page originally created September 2012