Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Community Pharmacy Survey Toolkit
- Community Pharmacy Survey ( PDF Version [ - 287 KB] ; MS Word Version [ - 242 KB] )
- Community Pharmacy Survey—Spanish Version (PDF Version [160;98.2 KB] MS Word Version [ - 201 KB] )
Survey Composites and Items
- Community Pharmacy Survey Composites and Items ( PDF Version [ - 185 KB] )
- Community Pharmacy Survey Composites and Items—Spanish Version and Description of Translation Process (PDF Version [40.2 KB] )
Survey User's Guide
The User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting the survey, and preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide ( PDF Version [ - 636 KB] )
Many pharmacies using the AHRQ Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture have expressed interest in comparing their results to other pharmacies. In response, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has established the Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture Comparative Database. This database is a central repository for survey data from pharmacies that have administered the AHRQ community pharmacy survey on patient safety.
- Comparative Database Reports—See results from the Community Pharmacy Comparative Database.
- Submission Information—For community pharmacies interested in submitting their community pharmacy patient safety culture survey data.
Action Planning Tool (PDF File, 368.7 KB; Word File, 111.77 KB)
This tool was designed primarily for users of the AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture and is intended for use after your organization administers the survey and analyzes the results. It provides step-by-step guidance to help survey users develop an action plan to improve patient safety culture.
The purpose of this research reference list is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; analyses linking the survey to outcome data; reviews of instruments; and international studies.
A conference call conducted on October 29, 2013, provides users with an overview of the development and use of the survey. Results from the 55 community pharmacies that participated in a pilot test of the survey in early 2012 are discussed. In addition, two organizations share how they are using their survey results to implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives in their community pharmacies.
Page originally created July 2013