Is Our Pharmacy Meeting Patients' Needs? Pharmacy Health Literacy Assessment Tool User's Guide
Appendix 6: Sample Outline for Report of Focus Group Results
Table of Contents
Focus groups are a form of qualitative research, and results will be reported differently than results of quantitative research, as in the other two sections of this assessment tool. However, you will want to summarize your focus group findings in a written report. Figure 1 presents a sample outline of a written focus group report.
Figure 1: Sample Outline of a Report of Focus Group Results
- Overview of focus group research.
- Location/dates of focus groups.
- Personnel involved in focus groups.
- Description of consent process.
- Facilitator's Guide
- Source of facilitator's guide.
- Topic areas covered by the facilitator's guide:
- Physical environment.
- Care process and workforce.
- Paperwork and communication.
- Participant Recruitment
- Methods of recruitment.
- Criteria and methods for selecting participants.
- Enrollment process and number of participants in each group.
- Summary of demographic information.
- Detailed demographic information presented in a table.
- Summary of methods used for analysis.
- Summary of results, organized by topic under descriptive headings (e.g., "Printed Materials," "Interactions with Pharmacy Staff," "Layout of the Pharmacy").
- Illustrative quotations.
- Participants' suggestions for improvement.
Page originally created October 2007