All-Payer Claims Database Measure Inventory
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality is undertaking activities to develop an effective and feasible approach for using all-payer claims databases to advance the goal of improving health care affordability, efficiency, and cost transparency, including developing this inventory of APCD-based measures.
The inventory is in an Excel file and each field (e.g., measure type, age group) can be sorted [Excel File, 72.2 KB]. Inventory fields include:
- Condition of Focus (e.g., back pain, diabetes).
- Measure Condition Subcategory (e.g., tests, medications).
- Measure Type (Cost, Quality, or Utilization).
- Quality Category (Process, Outcomes, Structure, Not Applicable).
- Measure Name or Paper Name (From Lit Review).
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Number.
- Measure Steward.
- Web Address.
- Age Group (Pediatric, Adult, Not Specified).
- Risk Adjustment (Yes, No, Not Stated).
- Type of Cost (Out of Pocket, Charge, Reimbursement, Not Applicable, (Free Text OK).
- Level of Analysis (e.g., State, County, ZIP Code, Hospital, Facility, Doctor ).
- Data Source.
- Source Type.
- Unique Project ID.
- Deep Dive Measure? (Yes, No).
Page originally created October 2017