Training Module 2 — Core Team Discussion Guide
AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: HAIs/CAUTI
Clean Equipment and Environment: Knowledge and Practice
Answer the following questions to help reflect on how you can prepare to discuss cleaning and disinfection practices at your facility.
1. Where are your cleaning and disinfection supplies stored?
2. What can leadership do to make disinfection a priority and easily accessible to staff?
3. What cleaning and disinfecting challenges do you experience in your facility?
4. What solutions do you propose to address these challenges in your facility?
5. How can you support a culture of safety around cleaning and disinfection?
6. Obtain cleaning products used at your facility and read the instructions on the labels. Determine if staff are using the product properly by identifying the following: necessary personal protective equipment; contact time; and proper storage and disposal of the cleaning product.
Page originally created March 2017