Training Module 2 — All-Staff Discussion Guide
AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: HAIs/CAUTI
Clean Equipment and Environment Promote Safe Resident Care
Answer the following questions to help reflect on how you can prepare to discuss cleaning and disinfection practices at your facility.
1. What are some examples of commonly touched surfaces in your facility?
2. Where are your cleaning and disinfection supplies located?
3. What would help remind you to clean and disinfect surfaces thoroughly?
4. Consider what your daily tasks and responsibilities are. How might these daily tasks and responsibilities relate to cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and catheter equipment?
5. What can you do daily to ensure surfaces are cleaned and disinfected at your facility?
Page originally created March 2017