Effective September 27, 2017, technical support and software updates will no longer be available. Version 7, build 5, will be the final update. Existing software and supporting materials will remain available on this site. In addition, the open source project will remain active with software and materials available through GitHub: https://github.com/AHRQ/MONAHRQ-Open-Source.
September 25 – MONAHRQ 7 build 5 is now available for download. View the updated Release Notes [PDF file – 438 KB] to learn more about Hospital Compare, Nursing Home Compare, and Physician Compare data refreshes and other minor updates. Download the version or learn more here.
For existing users, apply the MONAHRQ 7.0 build 4 upgrade patch [zip file – 205 KB] to the existing software, (any prior versions such as MONAHRQ 7 build 3, MONAHRQ 6.0 build 2, and earlier) you are operating. This will add capabilities to import the latest April 2017 CMS Hospital Compare Database and Nursing Home Compare Database.
MONAHRQ® is a desktop software tool that enables organizations—such as state and local data organizations, regional reporting collaborations, hospitals and hospital systems, nursing homes and nursing home organizations, and health plans—to quickly and easily generate a health care reporting website. MONAHRQ analyzes, summarizes, and presents the following information in a format ready for use by consumers and other health care decisionmakers on:
- Guided Education and Infographics on health topics.
- Consumer-based Web sites.
- Side by Side Comparison Report.
- Quality of care (at the Nursing Home level).
- Physician data and quality reporting at the Medical Group level.
- Quality of care (at the Hospital level).
- Health care utilization (at the Hospital level and Emergency Department level).
- Preventable hospitalizations (at the Area level).
- Rates of conditions and procedures (at the Area level).
- Estimated costs and cost-savings (related to the quality of care).
MONAHRQ® lets you create a Website using your own inpatient discharge data, emergency department data, pre-calculated AHRQ Quality Indicators results, inpatient and outpatient measures from CMS Nursing Home and Hospital Compare, and/or HCAHPS survey measures, Nursing Home and Clinician & Group CAHPS Child Survey (CG-CAHPS) data and Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) rates of physician effectiveness of care around key diagnoses reported at the medical group level.
Any organization can use MONAHRQ® to generate a reporting Web site. You simply:
- Download MONAHRQ® software.
- Load your data.
- Select Web site options.
- Generate the Web site on your own computer.
- Host the Web site yourself.
For a full demonstration Web site generated by MONAHRQ, visit the MONAHRQ® 7 demo site.
For links to live reporting Web sites generated using MONAHRQ, visit the MONAHRQ websites page.
For detailed documentation on measures and methods used by MONAHRQ download the Host User Guide 7 (PDF, 14 MB). For information on how to improve health care quality in key areas, visit the My Quality Improvement page.
Page originally created March 2013