- User Guides
- Toolkit to Promote Your MONAHRQ-Generated Web site
- Measure Description Information
- Articles and Papers
- Host User Guide 7 [PDF, 15 MB]—provides detailed instructions on how to install the MONAHRQ software, load your data, and generate a reporting website. We strongly recommend you follow the MONAHRQ Host User Guide during installation.
- Quick Start Guide 7 [PDF, 237 KB]—Quick Start Guide highlights changes from MONAHRQ 6.0 Build 2. It is designed to guide MONAHRQ users as they upgrade an older release or install MONAHRQ for the first time.
- Measure List 7 build 2 [Excel, 252 KB]—The Measure List is an easy-to-reference spreadsheet listing all of the measures available in MONAHRQ 7 build 2. The measure list reflects the default measure description information that is provided in MONAHRQ 7 build 2.
- Release Notes 7 build 5 [PDF, 438 KB]—Updated Release Notes reflect information on the specific changes in addition to the information about the new features and changes in the newest version of MONAHRQ.
- Fact Sheet 7 [PDF, 361 KB]—The Fact Sheet is an overview of MONAHRQ and its capabilities.
- Sustainability Guide [PDF, 660 KB]—Sustainability Guide provides users with helpful information on how to maintain the MONAHRQ software ranging from measure updates and selection to updating content.
- Decision Guide [PDF, 332 KB]—The Decision Guide Helps Host Users decide which type of MONAHRQ-generated Web site to produce.
If you would like guides for previous MONAHRQ® versions, please refer to the MONAHRQ® Archives.
This toolkit provides guidance on how to increase awareness and use of public Web sites you generate using MONAHRQ. The Toolkit offers promotional strategies and approaches, in addition to templates to modify and use in your outreach and engagement activities.
Toolkit to Promote Your MONAHRQ-generated Web site [PDF, 583 KB]
Individual promotion templates:
- A: Worksheet to Help Define Your Target Audiences [Word, 62 KB]
- B: Promotion Plan [Word, 64 KB]
- C: List of Annual Health Observances [Word, 50 KB]
- D: Key Messages Format [Word, 60 KB]
- E: Text for Outreach Emails, Plus Sample Newsletter Article [Word, 68 KB]
- F: Media Release [Word, 82 KB]
- G: Evaluating Your Promotional Efforts [Word, 60 KB]
The MONAHRQ 7 software loads measure description information that it uses to generate Web pages. By default, MONAHRQ includes measure description information for CMS Hospital Compare measures and for the AHRQ QI version 5.0.
MONAHRQ 7 will not be compatible with AHRQ QI ICD-10 version v6.0. Since ICD-10 version of AHRQ QI v6.0 software doesn't risk adjust the rates, the AHRQ QI rates produced by v6.0 cannot be used to compare hospitals. The ICD-09 version of AHRQ QI v6.0 will be compatible with MONAHRQ 7.
If you are running MONAHRQ 4.1 or earlier, Measure description information for the AHRQ QI version 4.4 is also available.
To install the measure description information, download and save the installation package. When you run the installation package, you will be prompted for an installation directory. You must specify the root directory where the MONAHRQ® software is installed. The files will automatically be placed in the appropriate subdirectory. Please note that the previous files will be overwritten.
- Measure Description Information for AHRQ QI 4.4 [MSI installation file, 199 KB]
- Measure Description Information for AHRQ QI 4.3a [MSI installation file, 200 KB]
SAS Formatting Utilities for the AHRQ Quality Indicators
MONAHRQ® imports pre-calculated quality measures. If you wish to import quality indicator results from the AHRQ Quality Indicators software for SAS, you need to use these utilities to reformat your measure results files. Download one or more utility files for each of the desired AHRQ QI modules. Instructions on installation and use of these utilities are provided in the Host User Guide.
- Inpatient Quality Indicators (IQI)
- Patient Safety Indicators (PSI)
- Prevention Quality Indicators (PQI)
- Area-level (includes composites) [MSI installation file, 8 KB]
- Pediatric Quality Indicators (PDI):
- a href="/downloads/monahrq/sas/PDI_Prov.SAS">Provider-level [MSI installation file, 8 KB]
- Area-level [MSI installation file, 8 KB]
- Complete set in a zip file:
- Complete [ZIP, 20 KB]
This set of presentations provide more information about the usefulness and features of the MONAHRQ software.
- Value of Health Care Measurement and Reporting [PowerPoint, 1.2 MB]
- What is MONAHRQ? [PowerPoint, 925 KB]
- Why Use MONAHRQ for Health Care Reporting? [PowerPoint, 1 MB]
- How to Get Started With MONAHRQ [PowerPoint, 1.1 MB]
- What Types of Web sites and Reports Can MONAHRQ Generate? [PowerPoint, 2 MB]
- Who Can Use MONAHRQ? [PowerPoint, 5 MB]
- Open Source Framework (Presentation) [PowerPoint, 660 KB]
- Future Plans for MONAHRQ and How to Get Involved [PowerPoint, 583 KB]
- Diane Stollenwerk, NQF, MONAHRQ Design Improvement - Final Report [PDF, 434 KB] (January 31, 2011)
Page originally created April 2013