Integrating Chronic Care and Business Strategies in the Safety Net (Coaching Manual)
- Asch SM, Baker DW, Keesey JW, et al. Does the collaborative model improve care for chronic heart failure? Med Care 2005;43(7):667-75.
- Baker DW, Asch SM, Keesey JW, et al. Differences in education, knowledge, self-management activities, and health outcomes for patients with heart failure cared for under the chronic disease model: the improving chronic illness care evaluation. J Card Fail 2005;11(6):405-13.
- Chin MH, Drum ML, Guillen M, et al. Improving and sustaining diabetes care in community health centers with the Health Disparities Collaboratives. Med Care 2007;35(12):1123-5.
- Chin MH, Cook S, Drum ML, et al. Improving diabetes care in Midwest community health centers with the Health Disparities Collaborative. Diabetes Care 2004;27(1):2-8.
- Pearson ML, Wu S, Schaefer J, et al. Assessing the implementation of the chronic care model in quality improvement collaboratives. Health Serv Res 2005;40(4):978-96.
- Mangione-Smith R, Schonlau M, Chan KS, et al. Measuring the effectiveness of a collaborative for quality improvement in pediatric asthma care: does implementing the chronic care model improve processes and outcomes of care? Ambul Pediatr 2005;5(2):75-82.
- Schonlau M, Mangione-Smith R, Chan KS, et al. Evaluation of a quality improvement collaborative in asthma care: does it improve processes and outcomes of care? Ann Fam Med 2005;3(3):200-8.
- Vargas RB, Mangione CM, Asch S, et al. Can a chronic care model collaborative reduce heart disease risk in patients with diabetes? J Gen Intern Med 2007;22(2):215-22.
- Reich Y, Ullmann G, van der Loos M, et al. Coaching product development teams: toward a conceptual foundation. RED 2008; in press.
- Nagykaldi Z, Mold JW, Robinson A, et al. Practice facilitators and practice-based research networks. J Am Board Fam Med 2006;19:506-10.
- Gandhi TK, Puopolo AL, Dasse P, et al. Obstacles to collaborative quality improvement: the case of ambulatory general medical care. Int J Qual Health Care 2000;12(2):115-23.
- Green PL, Plsek PE. Coaching and leadership for the diffusion of innovation in health care: a different type of multiorganization improvement collaborative. Jt Comm J Qual Improve 2002;28(2):55-71.
- Margolis PA, Lannon CM, Stuart JM, et al. Practice based education to improve delivery systems for prevention in primary care: randomized trial. BMJ 2004;328(7436):388.
- Rosenthal MS, Lannon CM, Stuart JM, et al. A randomized trial of practice-based education to improve delivery systems for anticipatory guidance. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2005;159:456-63.
- Nagykaldi Z, Mold JW, Aspy CB. Practice facilitators: a review of the literature. Fam Med 2005;37(8):581-8.
- Goodwin MA, Zyzanski SJ, Zronek S, et al. A clinical trial of tailored office systems for preventive service delivery: the Study to Enhance Prevention by Understanding Practice (STEP-UP). Am J Prev Med 2001;21(1):20-28.
- Cohen D, McDaniel RR, Crabtree BF, et al. A practice change model for quality improvement in primary care practice. J Healthc Manag 2004;49(3):155-68.
- Deyo RA, Schall M, Berwick DM, et al. Continuous quality improvement for patients with back pain. J Gen Intern Med 2000;15:647-55.
- Yano EM, Rubenstein LV, Farmer MM, et al. Targeting primary care referrals to smoking cessation clinics does not improve quit rates: implementing evidence-based interventions into practice. Health Serv Res June 3 [Epub ahead of print] 2008; in press.
- Rycroft-Malone J, Harvey G, Seers K, et al. An exploration of the factors that influence the implementation of evidence into practice. J Clin Nurs 2004;13:913-24.
- Stange KC, Goodwin MA, Zyzanski SJ, et al. Sustainability of a practice-individualized preventive service delivery intervention. Am J Prev Med 2003;25(4):296-300.
- Sullivan G, Duan N, Mukherjee S, et al. The role of services researchers in facilitating intervention research. Psychiatr Serv 2005;56:537-42.
- Hackman JR, Wageman R. A theory of team coaching. Acad Manag Rev 2005; 30(2):269-87.
- Stetler CB, Legro MW, Rycroft-Malone J, et al. Role of "external facilitation" in implementation of research findings: a qualitative evaluation of facilitation experiences in the Veterans Health Administration. Implement Sci 2006;1:23.
- Hagedorn H, Hogan M, Smith JL, et al. Lessons learned about implementing research evidence into clinical practice: experiences from VA QUERI. J Gen Intern Med 2006;21(suppl 2):S21-4.
- Sales A, Smith J, Curran G, et al. Models, strategies, and tools: theory in implementing evidence-based findings into health care practice. J Gen Intern Med 2006;21(suppl 2):S43-9.
- Curran GM, Mukherjee S, Allee E, et al. A process for developing an implementation: QUERI Series. Implement Sci 2008;3:17.
- Litaker D, Tomolo A, Liberatore V, et al. Using complexity theory to build interventions that improve health care delivery in primary care. J Gen Intern Med 2006;21:S30-41.
- Miller WL, McDaniel RR, Crabtree BF, et al. Practice jazz: understanding variation in family practices using complexity science. J Fam Pract 2001;50:872-8.
- Ruhe MC, Weyer SM, Zronek S, et al. Facilitating practice change: lessons from the STEP-UP clinical trial. Prev Med 2005;40:729-34.
- Stroebel CK, McDaniel RR, Crabtree BF, et al. How complexity science can inform a reflective process for improvement in primary care practices. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2005;31(8):438-46.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Practice enhancement assistants improve quality of care in primary care practices. Available at: http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=1768.
- Margolis PA, McLearn KT, Earls MF, et al. Assisting primary care practices in using office systems to promote early childhood development. Ambul Pediatr 2008;8(6):383-7.
- Hogg W, Baskerville N, Lemelin J. Cost savings associated with improving appropriate and reducing inappropriate preventive care: cost-consequences analysis. BMC Health Serv Res 2005;5(1):20.
- Baskerville NB, Hogg W, Lemelin J. Process evaluation of a tailored multifaceted approach to changing family physician practice patterns and improving preventive care. J Fam Pract 2001;50(3):W242-9.
- Lemelin J, Hogg W, Baskerville N. Evidence to action: a tailored multifaceted approach to changing family physician practice patterns and improving preventive care. CMAJ 2001;164(6):757-63.
Page last reviewed October 2014
Page originally created April 2009
Page originally created April 2009
Internet Citation: References. Content last reviewed October 2014. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/primary-care/coachmnl/coachref.html