Tools and Software for Researchers
- SRC Methods Library (1904—3rd Quarter 2017, no longer updated) Citation Database of Evidence Synthesis Methods and More).
- PubMed.gov (no longer updated)—Evidence Synthesis Methods Searching Tool.
Contact us! Methods@epc-src.org
The evidence synthesis community’s one-stop source to find methodologies to inform their work (i.e., systematic reviews, meta-analyses, comparative effectiveness reviews, health technology assessments, guidelines, etc.). The SRCML provided access to the international methods literature and links to free full text (when available), PubMed, and publisher Web sites. In addition to the citations available via the PubMed search tool the full SRCML contained citations from non-medical fields and more publication types (comments, dissertations, books, etc.).
Easily limit your PubMed search results to evidence synthesis methods papers using a tool developed by the SRC and PubMed. The tool limits search results to the methods for, or evaluation of, any step in doing or using evidence reviews/syntheses. It also includes citations on primary study methods to improve understanding of how these affect evidence syntheses.
The scope covers both methods research and guidance from international methods organizations. The publications include citations to journal articles as well as full-text documents at PubMed.
Methods research studies include:
- Comparative evaluations of techniques.
- Development, evaluation, or validation of a technique.
- Analyses of the methods used by studies.
- Consensus and Delphi studies and surveys of methods.
- Systematic reviews of methods studies are also included.
Using the subset search
In the search box enter (select link to search): sysrev_methods[sb] AND [insert your search term(s) here]
- Select here for example results of this search: sysrev_methods [sb] AND "network meta-analysis"