Guide for Developing a Community-Based Patient Safety Advisory Council
Appendix D. Vision and Mission Statements
Sample vision and mission statements and objectives for patient advisory councils follow.
A safe, compassionate, innovative health care community that listens, learns, and responds collaboratively with patients.
The patient safety council will implement a community partnership model for the purpose of developing innovative methods to improve medication safety.
- Develop tools for identification and dispensing of medications.
- Develop community awareness of the patient safety council through training and engaging the community.
- Improve senior resources.
- Develop a tool to help seniors understand why they take medications.
- Assemble data to identify the problems.
- Develop health care community awareness.
- Develop a medication tracking tool.
- Create a consent form identifying partners.
- Identify barriers, for both consumers and providers, to the safe use of medication.
- Conduct a survey of patients.
- Distribute focus group findings.
- Educate physicians, staff, and all health care providers.
- Research what material is currently available on this topic.
- Maintain credible means of measuring outcomes.
Page originally created December 2012