Guide for Developing a Community-Based Patient Safety Advisory Council
To set the tone for the meetings and ensure all participants are comfortable, the meeting planner creates ground rules for patient advisory council meetings.
Sample ground rules for patient advisory council meetings include:
- Meetings will start and end on time.
- Everyone participates. Every member's opinion is valuable.
- Maintain confidentiality at the meeting and outside the meeting.
- Avoid sidebar conversations.
- Focus on the meeting. Avoid nonemergency interruptions.
- Voice your concerns at the meeting.
- Decisions will be criteria-based, and the council will strive for consensus.
- All members will support the decisions outside the meeting.
- All assignments will be completed on time.
- Members will think of the big picture.