|Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham & Women's Hospital131,208,210,216
||15 patients and family members, nurses, and physician staff members
- Has an office in the hospital.
- Involved with three committees.
- Involved in conducting patient rounds and an educational program for first-year oncology fellows.
|John Nasseff Hear Hospital, St. Paul, MN212
||Membership includes previous patients and family members
- Primary focus is to improve the access and availability of education materials for patients covering a wide variety of health problems within the critical care and heart hospital units.
- Offered input in comfort carts, orientation program for new critical care nurses; provided family journals in waiting areas.
- Can collect information and make recommendations to hospital leadership, but leadership makes decisions.
|Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinics—"Patient / Family-Centered Care Committee" / "Family Forum Advisory Council" / "Children's Advisory Group"213
||Parents and interdisciplinary sample of staff
- Redirect the philosophy of care.
- Input in issues affecting patient's values, preferences, and expressed needs and families' experiences of care.
- Ongoing input and insights from patients' and/or family members' perspectives.
- Elicits information from and builds relationships with patients and families for many design and planning processes throughout the hospital.
|Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota214
||Parents of children who have had inpatient or outpatient experiences at facilities
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating services and facilities.
- Input into hospital policies and initiatives.
- Interact with other patients and families by fielding concerns and suggestions.
|Children's Hospital of Philadelphia—"Youth Advisory Council"220
||Group of frequently hospitalized adolescents and their siblings
- Provide feedback to staff on a "range of care issues."