- Blewett LA, Johnson PJ, Lee B, et al. When a usual source of care and usual provider matter: adult prevention and screening services. J Gen Intern Med 2008 Sep;23(9):1354-60. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2518015/. Accessed April 14, 2016.
- Brown T, Liu JX, Scheffler RM. Does the under- or overrepresentation of minority physicians across geographical areas affect the location decisions of minority physicians? Health Serv Res 2009;44:1290-1308. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739029/. Accessed April 14, 2016.
- Healthy People 2020. Access to Health Services. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/Access-to-Health-Services. Accessed April 14, 2016.
- Institute of Medicine, Committee on Monitoring Access to Personal Health Care Services. Access to health care in America. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1993. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK235882/
- Institute of Medicine, Board of Health Care Services. Future directions for the National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2010. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK220161/
- Saha S, Taggart SH, Komaromy M, et al. Do patients choose physicians of their own race? Health Aff 2000;19:76-83. http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/19/4/76.long. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- Schoenthaler A, Allegrante JP, Chaplin W, et al. The effect of patient-provider communication on medication adherence in hypertensive Black patients: does race concordance matter? Ann Behav Med 2012;43(3):372-82. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3665951. Accessed April 14, 2016.
- Smart NA, Titus TT. Outcomes of early versus late nephrology referral in chronic kidney disease: a systematic review. Am J Med 2011 Nov;124(11):1073-80e2. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002934311004128. Accessed April 14, 2016.
Chartbook on Access to Health Care
Internet Citation: References. Content last reviewed September 2018. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.