2019 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report
The National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report assesses the performance of our healthcare system and identifies areas of strengths and weaknesses, as well as disparities, for access to healthcare and quality of healthcare. Quality is described in terms of six priorities: patient safety, person-centered care, care coordination, effective treatment, healthy living, and care affordability. The report is based on more than 250 measures of quality and disparities covering a broad array of healthcare services and settings.
AHRQ no longer offers print copies of the report, but the files are set up for two-sided color printing and may be downloaded free of charge. If you have questions about printing or copying, contact Doreen Bonnett at 301-427-1899 or email@example.com.
- Introduction and Methods (PDF, 1 MB)
- Executive Summary (Powerpoint, 2.5 MB) (PDF, 950 KB)
- Report and Appendixes A and B (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Appendix A. Data Sources Used for 2019 Report
- Appendix B. Definitions and Abbreviations Used in 2019 Report
- Quality Trends data tables (PDF, 848 KB)
- Disparities data tables (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Data Sources (PDF, 433 KB)
- Measure Specifications (PDF, 4 MB)
- Additional Methods Information: