AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines
Appendix 4-C. New AHRQ YouTube Channel Creation Checklist
This checklist was created to assist AHRQ Offices and Centers that want to create a new AHRQ YouTube channel.
Note: Before a new YouTube Channel is created for you, please check the existing channel list to see if an appropriate channel already exists.
To create a new AHRQ YouTube channel:
- Program staff must fill out the Social Media Checklist for Creating New AHRQ Accounts (PDF File, 478 KB) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the checklist is created, the Office of Communication (OC) will set up a meeting with the appropriate staff to discuss next steps.
- Per HHS guidance, program staff must have at least six videos ready to be posted in order to create a new YouTube channel. Program staff also must be ready to post 15 total videos (9 additional) in the first year of the new YouTube channel. (Go to Appendix 4-B. YouTube Video Submission Checklist.) However, a YouTube channel should not be static. Please consider how many additional videos will be created each year after the first year. For example, if you believe you will only have two videos in the following years, it might be better to add these videos to an existing AHRQ YouTube channel.
- AHRQ may organize videos on each channel into playlists based on the subject of each video. If there are questions about the playlist groupings, please contact AHRQ YouTube Manager Biff LeVee, email@example.com.
- The AHRQ YouTube Manager will alert HHS about the creation of the new YouTube channel. HHS will submit the information to GSA to have the channel added to the Terms of Service agreement so it can become an official government YouTube channel.
- The new AHRQ channel will go live before YouTube recognizes it as an official government channel. The channel can only link to other AHRQ channels and be an official channel after it is added under the Terms of Service agreement with YouTube.
- The AHRQ YouTube Manager will fill out a third-party Web application form as required as required under the Privacy Act for each new account. The completed form will be submitted to Tim Erny at AHRQ, who will submit it to HHS.
- Once all requirements are met, the AHRQ YouTube Manager will create the channel.
- OC will work with program staff to name the new channel.
- The AHRQ YouTube Manager will maintain the username and password for the channel.
- It is AHRQ policy to enable comments on YouTube. The AHRQ YouTube Manager will manage the comments for the channel and each individual video, and will work with program staff to respond to comments that require technical assistance. Please note that comments such as "great video" will not receive a response.
Page originally created September 2013