AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines
Appendix 5-E. Identifying the Type of Audio or Video Product Needed
There are four types of video or audio products that AHRQ uses to disseminate its messages: narrative (scripted story), instructional, informational (training), and PSAs (public service announcements). If you are considering producing a video or audio product, it should fall into one of these categories. By working with the Office of Communications on your video or audio product from the beginning of your project, you will help ensure that your products are constructed to meet the needs of AHRQ and your target audiences.
The following are examples of narrative videos from two different AHRQ campaigns:
- Aprende a vivir: Episodio 1—Noticias misteriosas:
- CUSP: Engage the Senior Executive:
The following are examples of instructional videos from two different AHRQ products:
- Blood Thinners: Staying Active and Healthy:
- Bill Lee: Had To Ask Questions... Dying Not Acceptable:
The following are examples of instructional audio materials from two AHRQ products:
- Expert in the Room: Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation:
- Provider Insider: Medical Handoffs:
The following are examples of informational videos from the health information technology (IT) and patient safety priority areas at AHRQ:
- Health IT Success: Text Messaging for Managing Chronic Disease:
http://healthit.ahrq.gov/ahrq-funded-projects/success-stories/text-messaging-managing-chronic-disease (Note: this video uses an embedded YouTube Player)
- CUSP Reduces Catheter-Associated Infections: Overview:
The following is an example of informational audio program:
- Translating Electronic Data Into Better Quality Care: A National Web Conference (with slides, but could be just audio):
The following are examples of video public service announcements (PSAs) produced for AHRQ programs:
- Treatment Options: Explore. Prepare. Compare:
- Secondhand Smoke:
- Medication Safety: Check Your Medication:
The following are examples of audio PSAs produced for AHRQ programs:
- Treating High Cholesterol:
- Tips To Prevent Medical Errors:
Videos produced on behalf of AHRQ should be delivered with the original (or uncompressed) file format that can serve as the Agency’s master from which all other formats will be created, converted, or compressed. Before producing a video for AHRQ, please provide the following information in an email to email@example.com:
- A brief description of the project.
- AHRQ lead or program liaison.
- Timeline for project.
- Intended production acquisition and resolution format (the type of camera/format that describes the quality of the image being acquired).
- Intended method of distribution (Web, YouTube, hospital patient channels, broadcast, and so forth).
Page originally created April 2009