Supplemental Items for Hospital SOPS
All SOPS® surveys are composed of standardized questions—referred to as core items—that support the comparability of survey content across users. There are also optional supplemental items that users may add to assess content in areas not included in the core questionnaire. The following SOPS supplemental items for the Hospital Survey are available:
- Health Information Technology Patient Safety Supplemental Items for the Hospital Survey.
- Workplace Safety Supplemental Items for the Hospital Survey.
- Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items for the Hospital Survey.
Supplemental items are typically ordered by composite measures. A composite measure is a grouping of two or more survey items that assess the same area of culture.
To submit data from these supplemental items to the AHRQ SOPS Hospital Database, and to enable your site’s data to be compared to the Database, the supplemental items should be:
- Administered in their entirety without modifications or deletions:
- No changes to any of the survey item text and response options.
- No reordering of survey items.
- Added to the end of the Hospital SOPS, after Section F: Your Hospital and before the Background Questions section. Be sure to include any introductory text, definitions of terms, subheadings, and instructions in the supplemental items. If you are including more than one SOPS supplemental item set, the order should be (1) core Hospital Survey followed by (2) Health IT Patient Safety, (3) Workplace Safety, and then (4) Value and Efficiency supplemental items.