TeamSTEPPS 2.0: Module 12. Practice Teaching Session
Instructor Outline: Practice Teaching Session
Instructor Note: This optional module provides an opportunity for Master Training Course participants to gain practice teaching the Fundamentals Course. As described in the Course Management Guide, there are a number of possible strategies for providing participants with an opportunity to practice teaching. Whether you conduct this session, and how it is conducted, will depend largely on the time you have allotted for Master Training.
For more information on this session, please review the Course Management Guide.
If conducted as described in this module, the Practice Teaching Session requires approximately 4 hours.
|Module Time: 4 hours|
Today we are going to practice teaching the Fundamentals Course. Yesterday, you were each assigned a module that you and a partner are going to teach. Everyone will have an opportunity to practice teaching a module as both a lead and an assistant instructor.
At the end of each module, we will briefly discuss feedback with the instructors before moving on to the next module.
In addition, each lead instructor will be provided with written feedback from me (and/or any other Master Trainers present for the session) on the Teaching Feedback Form.
Any questions before we start?
- Change slide presentation to Module 1: Introduction.
- Direct designated lead and assistant instructors to teach Module 1.
- After Module 1 is complete, have participants complete the Teaching Feedback Form.
- Discuss participants' feedback for 2 minutes, using the Discussion questions below.
- Follow the same format for the remaining modules.
- What did you like about the instruction?
- What could be improved based on the feedback from the group?
Instructor Note: At the end of the activity, you may want to ask if the participants have any questions.
|Time: 4 hours|
Page originally created March 2014