- Data Infographics
- Data Visualizations
- All-Payer Claims Databases
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- AHRQ Quality Indicator Tools for Data Analytics
- State Snapshots
- United States Health Information Knowledgebase
- AHRQ Data Tools
- Data Sources Available from AHRQ
Topic: Access to Care
Access to health care means having "the timely use of personal health services to achieve the best health outcomes."
- Access to health care consists of four components:
- Coverage: facilitates entry into the health care system. Uninsured people are less likely to receive medical care and more likely to have poor health status.
- Services: Having a usual source of care is associated with adults receiving recommended screening and prevention services.
- Timeliness: ability to provide health care when the need is recognized.
- Workforce: capable, qualified, culturally competent providers.
For more information on Access to Care, you may want to visit Patient Safety Net (PSNet).