Patient and Family Engagement
AHRQ's tools and research on patient and family engagement.
The Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Quality and Safety focuses on strategies for promoting patient and family engagement in hospital safety and quality of care.
The Guide to Improving Patient Safety in Primary Care Settings by Engaging Patients and Families project focuses on developing approaches to improve patient safety in primary care settings by engaging patients and families.
Improving Your Office Testing Process: Patient Engagement Survey can help assess patients' understanding of their tests and their knowledge about what they should do after receiving test results.
The Toolkit To Educate and Engage Residents and Family Members is one of four toolkits in the Nursing Home Antimicrobial Stewardship Guide. It helps a nursing home encourage an open and respectful dialogue between nurses and prescribing clinicians and residents and their family members and helps residents and family members participate in their care.
AHRQ's Comprehensive Unit-based Research Program (CUSP) toolkits that focus on eliminating specific healthcare-associated infections in various health care settings feature modules and materials on patient and family engagement.
- CUSP Toolkit
- Toolkit for Reducing Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections in Hospitals: Webinar on Engaging the Nurse, Physician, Patient/Family, CUSP- Learn From Defects
- End-Stage Renal Disease Toolkit
- Patient and Family Engagement in the Surgical Environment Module
- Toolkit To Reduce Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections and Other Healthcare-Associated Infections in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Toolkit for Improving Perinatal Safety