- Data Infographics
- Data Visualizations
- Data Tools
- Data Innovations
- All-Payer Claims Database
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- AHRQ Quality Indicator Tools for Data Analytics
- State Snapshots
- United States Health Information Knowledgebase (USHIK)
- Data Sources Available from AHRQ
Patient and Family Engagement
A set of behaviors by patients, family members, and health professionals and a set of organizational policies and procedures that foster both the inclusion of patients and family members as active members of the health care team and collaborative partnerships with providers and provider organizations.
The Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Quality and Safety focuses on strategies for promoting patient and family engagement in hospital safety and quality of care.
The Guide to Improving Patient Safety in Primary Care Settings by Engaging Patients and Families project focuses on developing approaches to improve patient safety in primary care settings by engaging patients and families.
Improving Your Office Testing Process: Patient Engagement Survey can help assess patients' understanding of their tests and their knowledge about what they should do after receiving test results.
The Toolkit for Engaging Patients To Improve Diagnostic Safety is designed to promote enhanced communication and information sharing within the patient-provider encounter to help patients, families, and health professionals work together as partners to improve diagnostic safety.
The Toolkit To Educate and Engage Residents and Family Members is one of four toolkits in the Nursing Home Antimicrobial Stewardship Guide. It helps a nursing home encourage an open and respectful dialogue between nurses and prescribing clinicians and residents and their family members and helps residents and family members participate in their care.
AHRQ's Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP) toolkits that focus on eliminating specific healthcare-associated infections in various health care settings feature modules and materials on patient and family engagement.
- Antibiotic Stewardship Toolkits
- CUSP Toolkit
- Toolkit for Reducing Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections in Hospitals: Webinar on Engaging the Nurse, Physician, Patient/Family, CUSP- Learn From Defects
- End-Stage Renal Disease Toolkit
- Patient and Family Engagement in the Surgical Environment Module
- Toolkit To Reduce Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections and Other Healthcare-Associated Infections in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Toolkit for Improving Perinatal Safety
Practice-Based Research Networks involve practicing clinicians to answer clinical and organizational questions central to primary health care and offer research on patient engagement.
The AHRQ Health IT Program has research on the interaction of health IT and patient engagement.