TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care Version
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care adapts the core concepts of the TeamSTEPPS program to reflect the environment of office-based teams. The examples, discussions, and exercises are tailored to the medical office environment. It is a full version of TeamSTEPPS, including all of the fundamentals modules as well as modules to assist in implementation.
The audience for TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is wide. It is appropriate for:
- Primary care offices.
- Specialty offices (cardiology, obstetrics, etc.).
- Patient-centered medical homes.
- Walk-in clinics.
- Large medical office buildings.
- Small or rural offices.
- Clinics in retail settings.
- Patients and families.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is intended to assist Practice Facilitators or other quality improvement minded clinical and nonclinical staff in improving the quality of care and patient safety at their organization.
Three Versions of TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is presented here in three different versions.
- Classroom course: This version includes all the material as PowerPoint slides with accompanying Instructor Guide and materials. Videos and exercises are included to help illustrate the points made in the course.
- Online course: This version includes all the material in a self-paced online learning system. All modules come with narration and embedded videos. The fundamentals modules come with ancillary materials to assist an instructor using the online course as a teaching tool.
- Hybrid course: This version includes all the material delivered using both the classroom and online versions. This version is useful when working with individuals across multiple locations.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care uses a variety of videos as examples in both the fundamentals and implementation portion.
A full suite of evaluation materials are available to measure the success of the TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care program in your institution.