Re-Engineered Discharge (RED) Toolkit
Tool 6 (continued)
- Osei-Anto A, Joshi M, Audet AJ, et al. Health care leader action guide to reduce readmissions. Chicago: Health Research & Education Trust; 2010. Available at http://www.hret.org/care/projects/resources/Readmission_Guide.pdf [Plugin Software Help]. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Jencks SF, Williams MV, Coleman EA. Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program. N Engl J Med 2009;360(14):1418-28.
- Brennan TA, Leape LL, Laird NM, et al. Incidence of adverse events and negligence in hospitalized patients: results of the Harvard Medical Practice Study I. N Engl J Med 1991;324(6):370-6.
- Root cause analysis in health care: tools and techniques. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations; 2000.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Patient Safety Primers: Root Cause Analysis. Available at: http://psnet.ahrq.gov/primer.aspx?primerID=10. Accessed June 8, 2012.
- National Quality Forum. Safe Practices for Better Healthcare: 2010 Update. Available at: http://www.qualityforum.org/Publications/2010/04/Safe_Practices_for_Better_Healthcare_%e2%80%93_2010_Update.aspx . Accessed August 6, 2012.
- National Quality Measures Clearinghouse™. Care Transitions Performance Measurement Set. Available at: http://qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/browse/by-organization-indiv.aspx?objid=26186. Accessed June 8, 2012.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). About the Aim. Available at: http://www.cfmc.org/integratingcare/about.htm . Accessed June 8, 2012.
- Hospital Compare. Risk-adjustment and covariates included in the model. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.