Surveys on Patient Safety Culture
Five surveys on patient safety culture are available:
- Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Health care organizations can use these survey assessment tools to:
- Raise staff awareness about patient safety.
- Diagnose and assess the current status of patient safety culture.
- Identify strengths and areas for patient safety culture improvement.
- Examine trends in patient safety culture change over time.
- Evaluate the cultural impact of patient safety initiatives and interventions.
- Conduct internal and external comparisons.
AHRQ has established comparative databases as central repositories for survey data from organizations that have administered the AHRQ patient safety culture survey instruments. The databases serve as important resources for sites wishing to compare their patient safety culture survey results to those of other sites in support of patient safety culture improvement.
The table below indicates the planned data submission time periods for the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture.
Planned Surveys on Patient Safety Culture Data Submission Periods
|Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture||June 2013||—||June 2015||—||June 2017|
|Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture||Oct. 2013||—||Oct. 2015||—||—|
|Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture||—||April 2014||—||April 2016||—|
|Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture||—||Sept. 2014||—||Oct. 2016||—|
Note: "—" indicates that there is no data submission for that year.
Research Reference List—The purpose of this research reference list is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; analyses linking the survey to outcome data; reviews of instruments; and international studies.
Improving Response Rates on the AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture—This podcast will provide you with information on tips and tools to increase your survey response rates in your organization.
Newsletters—The newsletters are intended to help users stay informed about new developments, tools, and resources available for the surveys:
AHRQ is interested in finding out about international users of the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture. If you are an international user, please Email SafetyCultureSurveys@westat.com to share information about your administration of the surveys, results, and any translations you have made of the surveys. For more information about international use of the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture, go to International Users.