Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Nursing Home Survey Toolkit
- Nursing Home Survey ( PDF version - 239.95 KB Microsoft Word version - 140 KB )
- Nursing Home Survey—Spanish ( PDF version - 165 KB Microsoft Word version - 188.5 KB ) (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey Items and Dimensions
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions [ PDF version - 29.86 KB ]
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions—Spanish and Description of Translation Process [ PDF version - 48.72 KB ] (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey User's Guide
The User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, selecting a sample, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting a Web-based survey, and preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide [ PDF version - 575.55 KB ].
Many nursing homes using the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture have expressed interest in comparing their results to other nursing homes. In response, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has established the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture Comparative Database. This database is a central repository for survey data from nursing homes that have administered the AHRQ patient safety culture survey instrument.