Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Nursing Home Survey Toolkit
- Nursing Home Survey ( PDF version - 196.67 KB Microsoft Word version - 138 KB )
- Nursing Home Survey—Spanish ( PDF version - 197.04 KB Microsoft Word version - 184 KB ) (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey Items and Dimensions
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions [ PDF version - 29.86 KB ]
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions—Spanish and Description of Translation Process [ PDF version - 48.72 KB ] (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey User's Guide
The User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, selecting a sample, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting a Web-based survey, and preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide [ PDF version - 575.55 KB ].
Many nursing homes using the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture have expressed interest in comparing their results to other nursing homes. In response, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has established the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture Comparative Database. This database is a central repository for survey data from nursing homes that have administered the AHRQ patient safety culture survey instrument.
- Comparative Database Reports—Results from the Nursing Home Comparative Database.
- Submission Information—For nursing homes interested in submitting their nursing home patient safety culture survey data.
Action Planning Tool (PDF File, 368.7 KB; Word File, 111.77 KB)
This tool was designed primarily for users of the AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture and is intended for use after your organization administers the survey and analyzes the results. It provides step-by-step guidance to help survey users develop an action plan to improve patient safety culture.
The purpose of this research reference list is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; analyses linking the survey to outcome data; reviews of instruments; and international studies.