Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Nursing Home Survey Toolkit
- Nursing Home Survey ( PDF version - 239.95 KB Microsoft Word version - 140 KB )
- Nursing Home Survey—Spanish ( PDF version - 165 KB Microsoft Word version - 188.5 KB ) (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey Items and Dimensions
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions [ PDF version - 29.86 KB ]
- Nursing Home Survey Items and Dimensions—Spanish and Description of Translation Process [ PDF version - 48.72 KB ] (Updated July 2010 to correct an error to item B4, which duplicated the text of item B3).
Survey User's Guide
The User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, selecting a sample, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting a Web-based survey, and preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide [ PDF version - 575.55 KB ].
Many nursing homes using the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture have expressed interest in comparing their results to other nursing homes. In response, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has established the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture Comparative Database. This database is a central repository for survey data from nursing homes that have administered the AHRQ patient safety culture survey instrument.
The table below indicates the planned data submission time periods for the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture. The next data submission period is in April 2016.
Planned Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture Data Submission Periods
|Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture||—||April 2014||—||April 2016||—|
Note: "—" indicates that there is no data submission for that year.
Submission Information—For nursing homes interested in submitting their nursing home patient safety culture survey data.
Data Use Agreement (PDF version - 54 KB)—Indicates how data submitted by nursing homes will be used and provides confidentiality assurances.
Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture: 2014 User Comparative Database Report ( Part 1 [ – 1 MB] Part 2 [ - 685 KB] ) – Based on data from 263 nursing homes, the 2014 user comparative database report provides initial results that nursing homes can use to compare their patient safety culture to other U.S. nursing homes. The report consists of a narrative description of the findings and two appendixes, presenting data by nursing home characteristics and respondent characteristics for the database nursing homes.
Previous Database Reports
Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture: 2011 User Comparative Database Report ( Part 1 [ - 1.19 MB] Part 2 [ - 633 KB] —The2011 report consists of data from 16,155 staff within 226 U.S. nursing homes.