AHRQ COVID-19 Resources
News and Announcements
COVID-19 Research Grant Awards
AHRQ approved 28 research grants designed to explore essential questions about the delivery of healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic. Research projects will focus on areas such as the increased use of telehealth, best practices in rural care settings, emergency management in hospitals, addressing critical barriers to effective pandemic response in hospital that care for vulnerable populations, and improving clinician and safety.
AHRQ Views Blog Posts
- Expanding Telemedicine in the Age of COVID-19 – Members of AHRQ’s National Advisory Committee: Tina Hernandez-Boussard, Ph.D., M.P.H.; Karen Amstutz, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.A.P.; Peter Embi, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.M.I.; and Edmondo Robinson, M.D. M.B.A., M.S.
- Re-imagining AHRQ’s Insight Platform – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A., and Joel Cohen, Ph.D.
- Diagnostic Safety in the COVID Era: Let’s Not Squander the Opportunity – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
- New Research Shows Promise of Telehealth in Treating Opioid Use Disorder – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A., Christine Chang
- Using Telemedicine To Make Accurate, Timely Diagnoses: What We Still Need To Learn – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
- Expanding Telehealth and Telementoring During COVID-19: AHRQ’s Expertise Helps Identify Next Steps – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- AHRQ’s Signature Data Resources Poised to Inform the Battle against COVID-19 – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- Rising to the Historic Challenges of COVID-19 – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- AHRQ's COVID-19 Resources Provide Critical Support for Healthcare Professionals – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- Apply TeamSTEPPS Approaches During COVID-19 Treatment to Keep Patients Safe – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
AHRQ Upcoming Funding Opportunities
AHRQ does not currently have any COVID-19-focused funding opportunities. Investigators interested in seeking funding for COVID-19-related research consistent with AHRQ’s priorities can use our general funding announcements. In addition, AHRQ grantees are encouraged to contact their project officers with novel ideas for implementation and future research.
AHRQ-Supported Publications and Resources
- An Evaluation of Telehealth Expansion in U.S. Nursing Homes (November 2020)
- Vaccine Efficacy Needed for a COVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccine to Prevent or Stop an Epidemic as the Sole Intervention (October 2020)
- Hospital Ward Adaptation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A National Survey of Academic Medical Centers (August 2020)
- COVID-19 Risk and Employment Disparities, by Race and Ethnicity and other Social-demographic measures (July 2020)