AHRQ COVID-19 Resources
News and Announcements
Building COVID-19 Vaccine Trust
Invest in Trust: A Guide for Building COVID-19 Vaccine Trust Among Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) is designed to help nursing home leaders build COVID-19 vaccine confidence among CNAs and overcome barriers to vaccination by applying insights from social, behavioral, and cognitive science.
COVID-19 Research Grant Awards
AHRQ approved 28 research grants designed to explore essential questions about the delivery of healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic. Research projects will focus on areas such as the increased use of telehealth, best practices in rural care settings, emergency management in hospitals, addressing critical barriers to effective pandemic response in hospital that care for vulnerable populations, and improving clinician and safety.
AHRQ Views Blog Posts
- AHRQ Data Underscore Uneven Impact of COVID-19 – Pamela Owens, Ph.D., and David Meyers, M.D.
- Asking the Hard Questions About Telehealth – David Meyers, M.D.
- A Call for Action to Achieve Health Equity – Members of AHRQ’s National Advisory Council: Edmondo J. Robinson, M.D., M.B.A., M.S., Peter J. Embí, M.D., M.S., Ramanathan Raju, M.D., M.B.A., and Yanling Yu, Ph.D.
- Implementing Screening and Treatment of Unhealthy Alcohol Use During COVID-19 – Sebastian Tong, M.D., M.P.H.
- Advancing Heart Health and Equity during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Arlene S. Bierman, M.D., M.S., and David Meyers, M.D.
- Protecting the Most Vulnerable Through Partnership: Helping Nursing Homes Respond to the COVID-19 Crisis – David Meyers, M.D., and Mamatha Pancholi, M.S.
- Expanding Telemedicine in the Age of COVID-19 – Members of AHRQ's National Advisory Committee: Tina Hernandez-Boussard, Ph.D., M.P.H.; Karen Amstutz, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.A.P.; Peter Embi, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.M.I.; and Edmondo Robinson, M.D. M.B.A., M.S.
- Re-imagining AHRQ’s Insight Platform – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A., and Joel Cohen, Ph.D.
- Diagnostic Safety in the COVID Era: Let’s Not Squander the Opportunity – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
- New Research Shows Promise of Telehealth in Treating Opioid Use Disorder – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A., Christine Chang
- Using Telemedicine To Make Accurate, Timely Diagnoses: What We Still Need To Learn – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
- Expanding Telehealth and Telementoring During COVID-19: AHRQ’s Expertise Helps Identify Next Steps – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- AHRQ’s Signature Data Resources Poised to Inform the Battle against COVID-19 – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- Rising to the Historic Challenges of COVID-19 – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- AHRQ's COVID-19 Resources Provide Critical Support for Healthcare Professionals – Director Gopal Khanna, M.B.A.
- Apply TeamSTEPPS Approaches During COVID-19 Treatment to Keep Patients Safe – Jeff Brady, M.D., M.P.H.
AHRQ Upcoming Funding Opportunities
AHRQ does not currently have any COVID-19-focused funding opportunities. Investigators interested in seeking funding for COVID-19-related research consistent with AHRQ’s priorities can use our general funding announcements. In addition, AHRQ grantees are encouraged to contact their project officers with novel ideas for implementation and future research.
AHRQ-Supported Publications and Resources
- Harnessing COVID-19 Data Through Collaboration—The Consortium of HCA Healthcare and Academia for Research Generation (May 2022)
- Patient Experience With In-Person and Telehealth Visits Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic at a Large Integrated Health System in the United States (March 2022)
- Severity of Hospitalizations From SARS-CoV-2 vs Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Children Aged 5 to 11 Years in 11 US States (February 2022)
- The Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (December 2021)
- Systems Analysis of a Dedicated Ambulatory Respiratory Unit for Seeing and Ensuring Follow-Up of Patients With COVID-19 Symptoms (October 2021)
- Pediatric Firearm-Related Hospital Encounters During the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic (August 2021)
- A Feasible Infrastructure to Meet the Country’s Current and Future Health Crisis (August 2021)
- Expiring Eviction Moratoriums and COVID-19 Incidence and Mortality (July 2021)
- Elevated Mortality Among People Experiencing Homelessness With COVID-19 (June 2021)
- Public Support for Policies to Increase Housing Stability During the COVID-19 Pandemic (June 2021)
- External Validation of the IMPROVE-DD Risk Assessment Model for Venous Thromboembolism Among Inpatients With COVID-19 (June 2021)
- When Planning Meets Reality: COVID-19 Interpandemic Survey of Michigan Nursing Homes (March 2021)
- An Evaluation of Telehealth Expansion in U.S. Nursing Homes (November 2020)
- Vaccine Efficacy Needed for a COVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccine to Prevent or Stop an Epidemic as the Sole Intervention (October 2020)
- COVID-19 and Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Health Risk, Employment, and Household Composition (September 2020)
- Hospital Ward Adaptation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A National Survey of Academic Medical Centers (August 2020)