The AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines outline the standards for Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) products developed in-house and by contractors. AHRQ staff should remember that all contracts must include wording that requires contractors to follow these guidelines when creating deliverables for the Agency.
The AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines outline the standards for AHRQ products developed in-house and by contractors. The guidelines address the topics of:
- Product development, including guidance on creating toolkits.
- Requirements for creating audio or video products.
- Web standards, including guidelines for web-based products and sites.
- Branding specifications, including instructions for how to use the AHRQ logo for branding in various treatments, such as printed materials, on websites, and in videos.
- Media standards and policies, including guidance for creating press releases and blog posts.
- Marketing and stakeholder outreach, including social media policies for Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Section 1: Product Development
Appendix 1-A. Permission Forms
Appendix 1-B. Trademarks
Appendix 1-C. Video Submission Checklist
Appendix 1-D. Standards for Contractors Developing Multimedia Products
Appendix 1-E. AHRQ Toolkit Component Formatting
Section 2: Web Products and Website Development and Redesign
Appendix 2-A. Application and System Development Requirements
Appendix 2-B. Accessibility and the Revised 508 Requirements
Appendix 2-C. AHRQ Linking Policy
Section 3: Branding Design Element Specifications
Section 4: Media Standards and Policies
Section 5: Marketing and Stakeholder Outreach