Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) at AHRQ
PCOR compares the impact of two or more preventive, diagnostic, treatment, or health care delivery approaches on health outcomes, including those that are meaningful to patients.
Congress instructed AHRQ to invest in four specific activities in two areas that build upon AHRQ’s core mission and experience: Dissemination and Training.
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's (AHRQ) Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Trust Fund projects for training and career development and dissemination and implementation.
- Training in Patient-Centered Outcome Research
- Research Career Enhancement Awards
- Pathway to Independence
- Infrastructure Development Program
- Institutional Mentored Career Development Award Program
- Researcher Training and Workforce Development in Methods and Standards
- Individual Mentored Clinical Investigator Career Development Award Program
- Individual Mentored Research Scientist Career Development Award Program
AHRQ will prioritize and fund projects to widely disseminate the most promising findings and implement them in clinical practice.
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) provides this comprehensive Web library of patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) resources to highlight the existing collection of PCOR projects conducted by public, private, nonprofit, and academic sources. The library of resources includes PCOR findings and evidence-based tools that have appeared in the published literature as well as studies and projects that are in progress.