Office of the Director (OD)
The Office of the Director oversees AHRQ activities to ensure the achievement of the agency’s strategic objectives.
The Director of AHRQ is Dr. Robert Otto Valdez, Ph.D., M.H.S.A.
The Office of the Director:
- Provides overall leadership for the Agency.
- Maintains the scientific integrity and objectivity of the Agency's research.
- Directs and coordinates the Agency's research investments, research training programs, and dissemination activities.
- Ensures that Agency programs support Administration goals and objectives.
- Represents the Agency within the Department, at the highest levels of Government, and to the public.
- Coordinates the legislative activities of the Agency, the review and clearance of Department and other Federal policies and regulations, and reports to Congress.
- Controls the flow of correspondence and official documents entering and leaving the Agency.
- Manages the National Advisory Council.