Office of the Director (OD)
The Director of AHRQ is Dr. Robert Otto Valdez, Ph.D., M.H.S.A.
The Office of the Director:
- Provides overall leadership for the Agency.
- Maintains the scientific integrity and objectivity of the Agency's research.
- Directs and coordinates the Agency's research investments, research training programs, and dissemination activities.
- Ensures that Agency programs support Administration goals and objectives.
- Represents the Agency within the Department, at the highest levels of Government, and to the public.
- Coordinates the legislative activities of the Agency, the review and clearance of Department and other Federal policies and regulations, and reports to Congress.
- Controls the flow of correspondence and official documents entering and leaving the Agency.
- Manages the National Advisory Council.