Institution: Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Grant Title: Disparities in Diabetes Care: Health Plan Focus and Physician Responsiveness
Grant Number: K01 HS018072
Duration: 5 years (2009-2014)
Total Award: $766,800
Project Description: This research has three main aims:
- Characterize how health plan organizational structures and organizational behavior influence disparities in diabetes care.
- Test the impact of varying cut-points used to define quality of care performance targets on reported disparities.
- Assess provider awareness and response to system-based initiatives that impact diabetes disparities.
Career Goals: Dr. Trinacty is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention at the Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. She earned her PhD in Health Policy from Harvard University. She would like to become a local and national leader in health disparities research.
Progress to Date: Dr. Trinacty has focused on hiring a research assistant, characterizing the business operations and process in the health systems under study, gauging the level of attention to disparities issues in these environments, and building collaborative relationships with the leaders of the two study plans.
Future Plans: The grantee will complete the data collection and analysis for Aim #2 and develop a manuscript. She will also develop a survey instrument and interview guide as well as complete the cognitive testing for the survey and interview.
Highlights and Specific Accomplishments:
- Pharmaceutical Policy Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School.
- Thomas O. Pyle Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School.
K-Generated Publications: None thus far.
Page originally created March 2012