How to Complain and Get Heard
Medical care is a service, and as the consumer of that service, you have the right to make your voice heard if you have a complaint. AHRQ has compiled some useful resources to help you better communicate with your health provider, and to learn how to file a complaint should it become necessary.
AHRQ has compiled some useful resources on this subject:
- Questions Are the Answer: Get More Involved With Your Health Care
- Learn about Consumer Rights, Protections, and Ways to Complain
- Report a Complaint about a Health Care Organization
- How to File a Complaint to Medicare
- You can also contact your state’s medical society or licensing board for instructions on how to file a complaint. The American Medical Association provide a list of the State Medical Boards.