TeamSTEPPS® for Office-Based Care Version
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care adapts the core concepts of the TeamSTEPPS program to reflect the environment of office-based teams. The examples, discussions, and exercises are tailored to the medical office environment. It is a full version of TeamSTEPPS, including all of the fundamentals modules as well as modules to assist in implementation.
The audience for TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is wide. It is appropriate for:
- Primary care offices.
- Specialty offices (cardiology, obstetrics, etc.).
- Patient-centered medical homes.
- Walk-in clinics.
- Large medical office buildings.
- Small or rural offices.
- Clinics in retail settings.
- Patients and families.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is intended to assist Practice Facilitators or other quality improvement minded clinical and nonclinical staff in improving the quality of care and patient safety at their organization.
In-Person TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care Course
Registration for an in-person TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is now open. This 1-day in-person course is a train-the-trainer approach and will focus on the office setting. The examples, discussions, and exercises are tailored to the medical office environment. It is a full version of TeamSTEPPS, including all of the fundamentals modules as well as modules to assist in implementation.
This course will take place August 25 at Duke University in Durham, NC.
In order to register, you must have a team of three individuals. Partial teams will not be able to register (nor teams larger than three). The ideal makeup of a team is suggested to be a nurse, physician, and an individual with a background in quality. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion. Additionally, participants will be eligible to receive 13 contact hours of Joint Accreditation (ANCC, ACPE and ACCME).
Three Versions of TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is presented here in three different versions.
- Classroom course: This version includes all the material as PowerPoint slides with accompanying Instructor Guide and materials. Videos and exercises are included to help illustrate the points made in the course.
- Online course: This version includes all the material in a self-paced online learning system. All modules come with narration and embedded videos.
- Hybrid course: This version includes all the material delivered using both classroom and recorded PowerPoint slides. This version is useful when working with individuals across multiple locations.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care uses a variety of videos as examples in both the fundamentals and implementation portion.
A full suite of evaluation materials are available to measure the success of the TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care program in your institution.
Page originally created September 2015