TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care Version
TeamSTEPPS® for Office-Based Care adapts the core concepts of the TeamSTEPPS program to reflect the environment of office-based teams. The examples, discussions, and exercises are tailored to the medical office environment. It is a full version of TeamSTEPPS, including all of the fundamentals modules as well as modules to assist in implementation.
The audience for TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is wide. It is appropriate for:
- Primary care offices.
- Specialty offices (cardiology, obstetrics, etc.).
- Patient-centered medical homes.
- Walk-in clinics.
- Large medical office buildings.
- Small or rural offices.
- Clinics in retail settings.
- Patients and families.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is intended to assist Practice Facilitators or other quality improvement minded clinical and nonclinical staff in improving the quality of care and patient safety at their organization.
Two Versions of TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care is presented here in two different versions:
- Classroom course: This version includes all the material as PowerPoint slides with accompanying Instructor Guide and materials. Videos and exercises are included to help illustrate the points made in the course.
- Self-paced course: AHRQ has ended its support of the TeamSTEPPS Office-Based Care Learning Management System but will continue to house the TeamSTEPPS Office-Based Care modules.
Individuals and groups who would prefer in-person training can search the web for "TeamSTEPPS training" to identify private sector organizations offering training. These organizations may charge a fee. AHRQ does not recommend or endorse any training sessions and does not receive any compensation (e.g., royalties, commissions) related to fees these organizations may charge.
TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care uses a variety of videos as examples in both the fundamentals and implementation portion.
A full suite of evaluation materials is available to measure the success of the TeamSTEPPS for Office-Based Care program in your institution.